Whether you have a construction business or not, finding a good wheelbarrow is important, there are plenty of great benefits you can get from using the right kind of wheelbarrow and so you need to make sure that the ones you pick is worth buying.
Some of you may say that all wheelbarrows are the same but the truth is you need to see the difference so you know what kind of wheelbarrow is in front of you. So if you are hoping to find the best wheelbarrow in the market, this guide will help you learn what it is all about and how you can pick the right one.
What is a Wheelbarrow?
By description, a wheelbarrow is a metal cart that is usually designed with a single wheel in the front and two legs that act as support in the rear. It is built to be operated by a single person as this is commonly used in carrying loads of items for landscaping, gardening, roadwork and other outdoor activities.
Compared to a garden cart, a wheelbarrow has a sloping anterior wall. This feature allows the user to pour contents from it by simply tipping the cart forward.
Trending Topic: Best Mosquito Killer
The Top 5 Best Wheelbarrows in the Market Today
Now if you are looking to invest in a wheelbarrow, you will be happy to know that we have collected five of the best ones that you can see in the market today. Here’s why people choose them and why they are among the favorites:
1. Gorilla Carts GOR200B Poly Garden Dump Cart
They say all wheelbarrows are the same but with Gorilla Carts, you can never go wrong. This type of wheelbarrow is simply designed to be durable in all areas so you can use is multiple times.
It is designed also to make transportation easy and unloading supplies effortless especially when you are using it in the garden or landscaping projects. This cart is basically made with steel frames and black finish that you will love. It’s maintenance-free and can be cleaned easily so you don’t have to worry about keeping it clean.
It is made to be rust resistant and can carry 600 pounds of supplies with ease. The pneumatic turf tires are ten inches in size with 5/8 inch diameter axle along with straight padded handles that you can use. It is designed to tackle any terrain too so you can use it anywhere and any land condition.
- It’s for heavy duty use.
- It can be used in any terrain.
- It has can carry heavy items with ease.
- It’s rust-resistant.
- It’s designed to be low-maintenance.
- It’s easy to clean up after use.
- It comes with a year’s warranty.
- It has a rubber-like odor that may not be pleasant to the user.
- It’s a bit difficult to assemble as the manual that came along with it does not clearly specify things.
- Some parts come in damaged or missing. Make sure to contact customer care for this issue.
2. WORX Aerocart Multifunction 2-Wheeled Yard Cart
For those of you who are looking for versatile wheelbarrows, WORX has the product you need. Their products are designed to be heavy duty and are capable of handling up to 300 pounds weight. For the Aerocart design, this wheelbarrow is perfect for those who are looking to use something that is not too heavy to lift nor too light to use.
The Turbo-lift is designed to carry about 200 pounds of load or approximately 3 cubic feet volume capacity. It’s also designed to be well-balanced and the all-steel construction is perfect for heavy duty uses. The flat tires are stable and do not need any maintenance or inflating.
The fold-out extension arm of this wheelbarrow is perfect for carrying small trees, flower pots, mulch bags, and other heavy items so you don’t have to do it manually. This wheelbarrow also has a bag holder, cylinder holder, rock mover mesh and other features that you will surely love.
- It can carry heavy loads well.
- It’s easy to use.
- It’s designed to be heavy duty.
- It’s has many uses.
- The tires are very stable and needs no maintenance.
- It’s easy to assemble.
- Some customers complained that it can only be used for light-weight materials.
- The paint fades or peels off easily after several uses.
- It has small capacity.
3. Jackson M6T22 6 Cubic foot Steel Tray
This type of wheelbarrow is mainly used for construction. It is designed with front braces that are made from heavy gauge seamless steel tray. The “H” brace is also added to this wheelbarrow along with its steel cross strips and leg shoes. It also has a 16 inches tubed tire so you know that it’s pretty easy to move around.
- It comes with 6 cubic foot capacity.
- It’s made with heavy steel tray so it’s durable.
- It’s made to be heavy duty.
- It’s built to last a long time.
- Some parts are missing upon delivery. Other customers complain about dented parts; if this happens make sure to contact the company immediately.
4. Marathon Dual-Wheel Residential Yard Rover – Best Wheelbarrow For Firewood
One of the favorites among brands of wheelbarrows belong to Marathon and it is for a good reason too. Marathon is well-known for their simple yet heavy duty wheelbarrows that can help you in doing yard work and one of the best models that you can buy is the Yard Rover.
This wheelbarrow is made with air-filled wheels that you can easily balance and maneuver. It has cushion-grip loop handles that allows the user to push and pull or dump the contents of the wheelbarrow with ease.
It is also made to be rust proof and can carry about 300 pounds of weight capacity which is pretty perfect for those who are busy with their gardens at home. It is also very easy to install so you can do it in no time.
- It’s lightweight but made to be heavy duty.
- It only takes a few minute to assemble the whole product.
- It weighs 25% less than your average wheelbarrow.
- Tires can flatten easily.
- Some parts are missing upon delivery.
5. Wheelzbarrow Three Tire Wheelbarrow
The last but not the least on our list belongs to Wheelzbarrow. This brand is known for making easy to maneuver wheelbarrows that you will surely enjoy using.
This product is designed with three wheels which are rather different compared to the usual two-wheeled wheelbarrows that you see. Because of this, maneuvering this wheelbarrow is very easy.
You don’t need to lift heavy things with this product as you can simply push down and unload the cargo of this wheelbarrow. In addition to the two wheels, you can simple spin this one in a 360 degree on its rear wheels. The pneumatic tires allow you to balance the product well.
- It’s easy to maneuver.
- It’s very stable.
- It’s easy to assemble.
- It can carry heavy items easily.
- It’s sturdy to use.
- Handles do not lock together.
- Dumps like a regular wheelbarrow.
- Some orders come with missing parts especially handles.
Interesting Article: Best weed killer for lawn
Now before you buy a wheelbarrow, make sure that you understand that there are different variations of it. Here’s how you can identify it:
- Know the type of wheels – understand that there are three different types of wheelbarrow wheels that you can find. They are pneumatic, non-pneumatic and semi-pneumatic. Pneumatic is the type of wheel that is of high quality and very effective in absorbing shock. This type of wheel is perfect for rocky and uneven surfaces. However in order to keep this type of wheel in shape, you need to have regular maintenance checks and pumping so it is kept in a good condition. A non-pneumatic wheel is usually made of solid rubber and offers little shock absorption. This is ideal for paths that are flat and even. Semi-pneumatic on the other hand offers little shock absorption and require little maintenance.
- The number of wheels – generally speaking, wheelbarrows with two wheels is pretty stable and can carry heavy loads well. However they can be difficult to maneuver and uneasy around uneven pathways or surfaces. Single wheels on the other hand can turn however weight distribution can be uneven and the user might have to exert more effort to carry or maneuver it.
- The type of materials used – there are wheelbarrows that are made of cheaper and lighter materials which are good counterparts of the ones made of steel. However these types of wheelbarrows can break easily. Lightweight wheelbarrows are ideally made for light work in the garden but not for construction works. Heavier wheelbarrows that are made of steel are ideal for construction projects as they can resist damage and breakage.
How to choose the right kind of wheelbarrow?
Sure it’s fun to shop for something that you need and if you are shopping for a wheelbarrow, it is also important to know not only what kind of wheelbarrow you need but also how to choose it well. This way you can avoid spending money on something useless.
Whether you are shopping online for one or purchasing it from a physical store, you need to remember these important tips first:
- Know what you need – are you looking for something that is mainly for your garden or for construction projects? Are you going to use it often? What for? If you can answer all these questions then you can possibly come up with the kind of wheelbarrow you are looking for. Look for a wheelbarrow that is heavy duty and can be used all around. If you have no budget then finding one that is made with cheaper materials can also be a good bet. However if you are looking for something that is long lasting then buying something that is made of durable materials like steel can help you with that.
- Know your budget – how much are you planning to spend on a wheelbarrow? Do you have a specific budget for it? Keep in mind that not all wheelbarrows are priced the same so saving enough money for the ones you like will help you a lot. Searching for a product that is within your budget range is also a good start if you don’t know where to look.
- Know what items you will be using it for – for gardening, a lightweight wheelbarrow can help carry small amount of dirt, perhaps a few pots for your plants and the likes. Steel-made wheelbarrows are made to carry cement, concrete and other heavy items and so knowing what you will be putting in on your wheelbarrow can help determine the type you will be purchasing.
- Know the capacity of the wheelbarrow – just keep this in mind, the smaller the wheelbarrow is the smaller the capacity. The same goes if you are going to pick a bigger one.
- Ask for recommendations when shopping for a wheelbarrow – now if you really don’t have an idea where to start, you can always ask a friend or family member who knows how to buy one. If not you can start searching or browsing online. Read and learn about different kinds of wheelbarrows and see if you can find one that fits your needs. Don’t be afraid to ask, you will be happy to know that people can recommend you a lot of nice products out there.
Shopping for a wheelbarrow should not be hard. Always know the project you are working on (this could be landscaping, gardening or construction) and you will see that you have all the options you need.
With all the brands in the market that you can find, there must be something that could fit your needs. Don’t limit yourself from the top five that we have collected, there are plenty more and if you know how to look for one, you won’t have a hard time finding the right wheelbarrow of your choice.
We hope that you find this best wheelbarrow reviews helpful, enjoy your shopping!